Wednesday 6 May 2015

Artefact

As our deadline is approaching I am focusing most of my attention on the artefact. My inquiry is looking into the creative process of a dance production and so I decided to create an academic poster to highlight the key points that I discovered and that I think would be of interest and benefit to others. I want to highlight that this poster is not an advert, but something from which people can learn from.

I chose this topic because as a dancer I have had a lot of involvement in the creation of new productions but from only one perspective. I wanted to gain insight on the directors' thoughts and actions because this is a role I possibly look to do in my future career.

Because of this I had some difficulty deciding on my target audience as I do not claim to be an expert in this domain. I simply wanted to share with people what I had learnt during this process to hopefully aid my audience's own practices too. Creating an academic poster for my own workplace may have raised slight ethical concern as although the directors I interviewed gave consent for me to use their quotes, this did not include referencing their names. It would be easy for my colleagues to work out who these quotes were from.

I finally came to the decision to aim this poster at those of you also on the BAPP course and other people within dance looking for more information in this domain. For example this may include dance school teachers wanting to put on their own school productions.

I am now onto the final stages of my artefact - the design. I feel I have the right content but although I am one form of artist, I am am far from a design artist. I am currently using powerpoint which has been good but formatting the background isn't so great. I wondered is there a better platform than powerpoint to do this on?

I'd be very grateful for any ideas you all have.

No comments:

Post a Comment